As I wrote about yesterday, there seems to be an issue upgrading to Windows 10 1709 when the OEM license in the BIOS is a different version than the one actually installed. I also mentioned yesterday, that our primary method of upgrade would be through SCCM using Task Sequence.
Well, today I found this article by Adam Gross, and well, this is exactly the same issue we were experiencing. More importantly, the solution mentioned in the article worked when we tried it, and we are now able to move forward with the upgrade to Windows 10 using SCCM.
What is interesting is that this issue is really hard to find on the internet. It took me googling different lines from the SCCM logs to finally find Adam`s post. I can only imagine, that as more and more administrators roll out Windows 10 1709 we may see more posts about this issue.